I love a bit of do-gooding, me.
If I can help someone out, I will. It not only benefits them but it benefits me, and the children too. In today’s crazy world where I turn off the news on the radio in an attempt to keep their minds innocent for just a little while longer, I think it’s so important to show my children that a little kindness goes a long way.
This month, people around the world will be celebrating Random Act of Kindness Week (#RAKWEEK2017) from 12-18th February. We’ll be doing something each day with the boys and other bits and pieces in between. This week, a fellow blogger was looking for a particular baby item. I had one I didn’t use, so I packaged it up, posted it off to her at my own expense. It cost me about three quid, but I think she was touched by the small gesture and that made it worthwhile.
Here are a few ideas to give you a helping hand in carrying out an act of kindness of your own. It doesn’t have to cost you anything, it doesn’t have to take up too much of your time, it just needs to be a good deed.
- Take old blankets and towels to an animal shelter
- Compliment someone – a stranger if you can!
- Let someone go in front of you in the queue
- Leave a cheerful note on someone’s car
- Make or buy a packed lunch for a homeless person
- Leave chocolate on your co-worker’s desk
- Send a gift to someone, just because
- Write a thank you letter to your spouse or your parents
- Make a donation to charity
- Give blood